Tory Burch - Los Angeles, 2010




Usually, anything popular sends me running in the other direction, but I have to admit a huge weakness for the whole Tory Burch esthetic. Her sleek orange and brown, orange and olive, orange and purple, orange and magenta, orange and gold boutiques remind me of the bachelor pads so many of my parents' friends had in the 70s. Glam, maybe (geometric wallpaper, lacquer and lucite as far as the eye can see, gold accents and one giant white statement piece which was usually the couch), but timeless nonetheless. In fact, she is so on the money with her interpretation of understated 70s glam, that one almost can't help but be reminded of this designer's iconic designs.

Speaking of that designer, did you know he designed his own coffin? And I thought I was a planner! If you have the same inclination but lack the skill, these talented artists can help you create just the right box for the afterlife.

5 comments:

  1. Any designer with lots of orange and that "understated 70's" aesthetic works for me. But I think you got it, that Tory Burch is doing it particularly well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah great i love tory burch. not well known in europe but i'm a big big fan ... :)

    the trendy fashion doll .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got hold of a beautiful combination of T.Burch and Shanghai Tang: a black shiny purse http://www.lite.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6395250&l=aa4a2994ee&id=683795019. Like your post!

    ReplyDelete