Lanvin - Paris, 2009



One of my all-time faves, this is a Lanvin shoe box that I found in a very upscale thrift shop in New York. When I bought it, the woman at the counter said, "Oh, you should have been here a few days ago--I just gave a friend an old Lanvin dress of mine!" So naturally I said, "What do you mean you gave it to her?" and she said, "I mean I gave it to her. And she was about your size, too." 

What?!?!?!?

What was her point? That if I had been there, she would have given the dress to me instead of the friend? Or that she just felt it was something I might want to witness? It was like saying to someone: "Oh, you should have been here yesterday when I gave away a million dollars!"

Anyway, if you can get yourself to Paris, do not miss seeing the re-creation of Ms. Lanvin's bedroom at the Musée des Arts Decoratif. If you can't, check out this book (which might be just about my favorite design book ever), which features it on the cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment