Hermés - Paris, 2001


After weeks of trying unsuccessfully to lighten up a dark, cabin-like room in my house, I decided to give up, invest in lots of chocolate brown paint and go on the hunt for orange accents. Now, what I once referred to as "The Cold Room" is "The Hermés Room." (OK, so what if I have an orange and brown vintage TWA blanket instead of one of their famous "H" throws? I don't see anyone complaining on a cold night.) Needless to say, since making that decision, I've been on the lookout for Hermés bags and I'm happy to say, I've found more than my fair share. (I'm also happy to report that I've found a couple of real Hermés scarves which I plan on framing and putting up on the walls.) This summer, I'm going to sacrifice some of them to make lamp shades (can't take credit for that--I saw it in a magazine). 

On another note, as much of a fan as I am, even I'm a little creeped out by this. Why does it make me picture lots of orange crocodiles with bad attitudes?

No comments:

Post a Comment