Chanel - Unknown


Oh, Gabrielle! What would the world be without your pin-on camellias, your weighted jackets, your quilted bags, and most importantly, your incredible packaging? In the poubelle, that's where. Yes, the world is a much better place because of you.

Since we're on the subject of the great Mademoiselle Chanel, I can't help but use this as an opportunity to remind everyone of what this great house has also given to the advertising world. Yes, two (one, two) of the best commercials of all time were for Chanel No. 5. According to Youtube, they were both made in 1979, but I distinctly remember the second one airing in the early '80s when I was in junior high. My friends and I would act it out as a joke; one would sing "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire" as the other one said the dialog. (We sure knew how to have fun, didn't we? Unfortunately, we were too young for drugs at that point and too well-raised for respectable, time-consuming truancy.) I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment