Chanel - New York City, 1989



The top one is a Christmas bag given to me with much reluctance (and eye rolling) by one of the "Chanel Girls" I worked with at Macy's. Since she was already so disgusted with me for asking for the bag I decided to throw caution to the wind and ask for some wrapping paper as well which probably sent her into a life of therapy and pills. (The Chanel girls were always the snootiest which sort of made me want to be one.) At the time, the perfume Égoïste had just been launched and they were playing that famous commercial on a loop behind her. I can't tell you how much I wanted to just flick her on the forehead and say, "Um, hello?! Monitor! Right behind you!"

4 comments:

  1. Montres-toi!!! (My friend just introduced me to your blog. It's fabulous!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell your friend I said thank you and thank you to you as well for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I collect Chanel bottles! This is a great site. Two things: 1.) I bought Chanel trim at a flea market in Paris and used it to trim silk lampshades. 2.) Rachel Zoe had a show where she took her assistant Bradley with her and they visited Chanel's apartment. It was one of the 10,000 "best moments" of R Z's life
    when she sat on Chanel's sofa. Are you named for her?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, not named after her--it's just a nickname/variation on my real name. Glad you enjoyed the post/blog and I'll check out the Zoe episode!

    ReplyDelete