Neiman Marcus British Fortnight



In 1957 Neiman Marcus started a tradition called "Fortnight" in which they celebrated the wares, traditions, and people of other countries, even flying in luminaries like Princess Grace from those countries to glam up the event. Lasting two weeks, the event was meant to get a little shopping excitement going between the delivery of fall merchandise and the Christmas rush. It must have worked because it ran until 1986 (the very last fortnight was for Australia). 

Starting in about 1963 a theatrical costume designer named Alvin Colt designed the graphics and would continue to do so until the final fortnight. Since we spent New Years weekend binging on Downton Abbey and we're in an English kind of mood, we thought we'd pay tribute to Alvin and his work. 

On a side, note, this is one of the funniest "fortnight" themed cartoons we've ever seen. 

1 comment:

  1. Could you give me an idea of how long it would be to get the breitling replica sale replicas watches as ordered into your stock. I may be prepared to wait as we really like those cartier replica.Lets please get the ball rolling on our exchange, I would like to have a working rolex replica sale by my reunion on next month. Please help me make this replica watches sale, I would greatly. Your rolex replica sale clearly states that I am able to ship it back within 14 days of receiving the rolex replica breitling replica sale. I am not particularly afraid of panerai replica since replicas are typically imported and not exported.

    ReplyDelete