John Derian - New York City, New York, 2010



Every time I visit the John Derian store on 2nd street in NYC (which, by the way, has to be the world's coziest-looking store at Christmastime), all I can think for weeks afterward is that all I really want from life is to sit down with a bunch of magazines, some type of lovely adhesive*, and a pile of plates and spend the rest of my days découpaging. Unfortunately, with Mlle Bagatelle's patience level all would be lost in the first hour with the realization that all those beautiful images would have to be cut out with little tiny scissors and tremendous precision. Luckily, Mr. Derian's store is to découpage what Tiffany's is to diamonds so there's no need for me to try this myself. According to the website, they also do custom découpage which is a very, very dangerous thing to know.

*By the way, whatever happened to rubber cement? Do people still use that? And paste? Do kids still use paste? Tell me they do. I remember when I was a kid and went to Paris for the first time I bought lavender-scented paste and it made me feel insanely glamorous. Of course, I also remember having a crush on a little boy in the 1st grade whose name was Elmer because it reminded me of the glue. Not sure what to make of all that.

1 comment:

  1. But hey, there are going to be a lot more replica watches Daytonas around for me when people drop them for the new one so I not complaining. I know many that can buy these watches like rolex replica sale but you talking about the folks that are perhaps watches store generation elites that spend money like that, or perhaps the one hit start up wonders that make it rich. Either way you not completely wrong but even the uber rich are spend like that, it probably the reason they are wealthy in the first place. If the replica watches sale is a fraud and rolex should be taken down with extreme prejudice. That is like one of those shocking days in the world when every few years when they have a significant anniversay and they do all the interviews. The rado replica gets high marks from me for having a well proportioned case. Thin and wearable uncommon for a modern mechanical chronograph. Let them run a site see how difficult fake rolex sale can be to keep the content flowing, how much of your own time is spent on keeping the site up and running and keep everyone happy.

    ReplyDelete