Maison de la Truffe - Paris, 2009




You know how when you have some kind of important meeting coming up (say, a job interview, or tax audit, or parole violation hearing), and you spend a few minutes the night before rehearsing a few stock reactions so that you can go to the meeting feeling like you know what you're going to do in advance? Well, you might want to do that before you go to Maison de la Truffe because the prices are so high, that it's almost impossible not to yell, "WHAT?!?!?!" when you see them. Now, I realize that expecting a store that sells truffles not to have high prices is a little ridiculous, but that said, by the time I left I was thinking that I might get out there with the pigs next year and try to find some truffles myself. 

It's a good thing that in addition to the truffles they also sell things like olive oil and blinis, otherwise this post might have looked like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment