La Pompadour - Paris, 2009




So help me, I was going to make a joke about how La Pompadour was the place to go for the latest in Parisian Bar-Mitzvah wear, when what do I see on their website, but this:

"DES CONSEILLERES VENDEUSES QUI VOUS AIDERONT DANS VOS CHOIX POUR VOS MARIAGES, BAR-MITZVAH, CEREMONIES DE TOUTES SORTES."

No, I'm not kidding, no, I really didn't see that before I (almost) wrote it, and yes, I can make a joke like that because I'm half Jewish. 

Rite-of-passage joke aside, this is a place I NEVER EVER miss going to when I'm in town because it's truly the last of a dying breed. If you had an idea in your head about what an old-school Paris boutique was, this is it. While the fashions may leave something to be desired by anyone under the age of 210, the store itself looks like whatever store would have been next to the umbrella store in The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

By the way, do NOT miss the "Ceremonies" page. If you've ever wondered where Imelda Marcos got her clothes, wonder no more. (I'm still trying to figure out where she got her furniture. When I do, I'll let you know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment