Au Nom de la Rose - Paris, 2009





Even though the edible rose petals* I bought were for moi-même, I couldn't resist saying "yes" when the girl behind the counter asked if they were a gift. After tying a perfect white rose to the handle she then took what must have been a good ten euro worth of multi-colored rose petals and tossed them into the bag, so I stopped right there on the street to take a snap just in case I couldn't get home before the roses died. I bought this early on a gloriously sunny morning and had I been carrying around a giant bouquet of flowers all day, I could not have gotten more attention. It looked more like a prop than a purchase. One of the great regrets of my life is that I didn't buy the bright green hat box they sell but it can't be packed and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit in an overhead compartment. 

*At least, I think they were edible. What else would you do with crystalized rose petals?

UPDATE: In a previous post I declined to give the web address as I felt their site was not on the same level as their stores. I'm happy to say that someone at ANDLR has had an epiphany and the site is vastly improved, so you now have my permission to use it. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice Article...

    One Simple Tech - Computer News, Reviews and Guides
    The Forex site - The Foreign Exchange
    The Network site - The Networking Site
    The Forex Page - The Foreign Exchange
    The Adsense Site - Guides to Adsense
    MagicStix Site - Personal Blog of MagicStix
    Guam Page - All Things Guam
    Indonesia Page - Indonesia Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it's a great blog.
    I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
    Keep doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're enjoying it--I hope you'll come back!

    ReplyDelete